Monday, July 5, 2010

Planning for the Future


So, with the new Cataclysm expansion fast approaching, it's time for me to start thinking about what I'm going to do in the game when that drops.

I really want a goblin warlock.  But, do I roll him on my current main server, Steamwheedle Cartel, where I already have a level 80 warlock, or do I pick a new place for a fresh start?  I'm leaning toward choosing a new server.  If I do that, should I move one of my high level toons there to build a nest-egg for the goblin in preparation?  A lot of choices to make.

I certainly want to take Skulfrak and Carrara to 85, but I'm wondering, do I do that first, and fight the crowds in the new zones for quest mobs, or do I make it out of the crowds in the goblin starting area and make my way through the new version of Azeroth?  It means leveling him through Outland and Northrend again, while everyone else in exploring the new zones.

Now that the beta has started, everything I'm grinding for in Wrath will soon be useless.  The game will be changing forever, so I need to start getting in the mindset for Cataclysm.  While on vacation this week, I'll put some thought into which server I'll roll on, and who will be my main character for the upcoming years.

Goblin warlock sounds like a lot of fun, though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment